Saturday, March 17, 2007

Welcome back…

Welcome back…

We finally return for the new season of Garden Time. Who said it was easier the second time around? William and Judy are up to speed but I seem to be having trouble remembering all the stuff I need to do each week. All week I have been a step behind! Monday was normal. It is our ‘shoot’ day, the day we videotape the stories for the show. This is the most fun I have during the week. I laugh so hard when William blurts something out and then Judy joins in! (And none of it will ever see the ‘air’.) After Monday I got buried fast! Adding KEVU in Eugene this year was cool, but it did add another element to the routine. Each station has its own deadline and that means multiple trips to the post office. Then this week it was promos, Happy Spot specials, events calendar, streaming video, tips of the week for the KPTV crew; every time I turned around it was something else I had forgotten about. Oh well, that being said, I wouldn’t want to do anything else!
As for this first show back, it is always easier when you have a good crew behind you. For me that includes William and Judy, the great sponsors for the show (there wouldn’t be a show without them!) and of course my family, Therese, Sarah and Hannah, who put up with my stress and constant worrying. I know it is all worth it when I get comments from the viewers. Gardening can be fun, and so can building a gardening show.

Welcome back!
Jeff

No comments: